Good Morning All,
I hope you all had a great spring break! Since we had an extra week off, I've included some other EdTech related positions besides our usual 10.
1. Hofstra University -Hempstead, NY
Job Title: Director of Educational Research & Technology Services
Academic Computing Services at Hofstra is responsible for supporting faculty and students in their use of technology in instruction, learning, and research. Its mission is to provide leadership in the strategic use of technology to support faculty and students; provide a highly reliable technology infrastructure; and to consistently provide a very high level of support in teaching, learning, research and scholarly activities.
- Developing, in collaboration with faculty, a vision of how Hofstra University’s teaching learning and scholarly activities are to be supported by technology and related technical services.
- Working with faculty to integrate technology into the curriculum and provide expertise in the application of emerging technologies.
- Providing leadership in identifying new technologies of interest to faculty.
- Providing training on topics of interest to faculty to promote the use of technology.
Providing expert consulting and support in key areas of technology of relevance to research and related grant opportunities.
- Supporting students use of advanced software by providing, through Learning Support, tutors to assist students.
- Providing technical support for software and hardware used in the classroom.
Serving as the faculty and student advocate in all Information Technology Department operational and planning decisions.
- Collaborate across disciplines and build strong relationships with faculty and administration.
- Navigate complex budgetary and staffing challenges to provide creative solutions while being a responsible steward of University resources.
2. The New American Academy Charter School - Brooklyn, NY
Job Title: Specialist in Educational Technology for K-5th Grade
We are looking for a unique individual knowledgeable about the very latest tools that support technological exploration for our students. You will be responsible to lead and teach our staff, students and our families in the use and application of technology for learning at school and beyond. This is a position for someone who is expert in age appropriate technology and understands how children at the elementary level learn best. This position will support our students and teachers as they collaborate daily in the classroom, and will be expected to participate in weekly curriculum planning with the elementary school teaching team. The Technology Specialist will play a critical role as a spokesperson for our forward-thinking approach to technology during open houses and tours where we invite prospective families to consider our program.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Work with collaborative school-based team.
- Provide student centered instruction for grade K-5 aligned to NYS Technology standards.
- Troubleshoot technology problems throughout the school as they occur.
- Provide professional development opportunities to staff regarding innovative technology.
- Develop strong technology program that is integrated into our community.
- Collaborate and communicate with staff to enhance project work using technology.
- Show strong organizational and interpersonal skills and a high level flexibility.
- Write grant proposals to gain funding for further innovation need.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Evaluates and reflects upon professional practices, emerging technologies, and current research to support student learning.
3. Macmillan Learning - New York, NY
Job Title: Sr. Educational Researcher
The Sr. Educational Researcher will be responsible for test leading indicators of learning on educational technologies during software pilot and beta tests. This work will entail three aspects: creating, validating, implementing, and improving research-based instruments to measure learner performance relative to a set of learner outcomes; devising repeatable protocols for rapid cycle testing, reporting, and recommendations during and immediately following periods of pilot and beta testing; and devising best practices for connecting this work to earlier and later stage research methods that demonstrate impact on learning. The Sr. Educational Researcher will also collaborate on early and later stage research; build institutional and academic partnerships to execute research; present key findings and industry conferences and customer events; and build an internship program to support rapid-trial research. The Sr. Educational Researcher will be a critical contributor to an agile, entrepreneurial, dynamic, research-driven design team.
4. New York University - New York, NY
Job Title: Instructional Designer
5. United Nations- New York, NY
Job Title: Information Technology Assistant, G5
Within delegated authority, the Information Technology Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
- Installs application systems software and hardware according to specifications.
- Provides basic support in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and maintenance of customized application software systems; works with senior IT staff on the definition and specification of requirements; builds, tests and modifies prototype application software based on detailed instructions; installs and maintains software systems.
- Supports senior staff in the creation and maintenance of application software within Lotus Notes, Microsoft Access and web-based architectures, etc.; assists in the preparation of technical and user documentation, as well as in the production of training materials.
- Maintains an IT Security test environment with various toolsets used for system/application/penetration testing and forensic analysis; researches new tools and techniques; administers several VM's and servers in the OICT Data Centre. •Performs system-, web- and application penetration tests. Adjusts existing and develop new scripts and techniques to support this activity.
- Writes, maintains, and presents reports for system-, web and application penetration tests.
- Provides support on software development matters, including security, data integrity and recovery; assists with needs assessment for new systems (including modifications to existing systems); performs ongoing reviews with users and developers and responds to requirements; requests, implements, provides operational support and maintains various applications.
- Maintains regular contact with users and technical staff in user offices and provides support as required.
- Assists with ISO 27001 and other certification audits.
- Liaises with external vendors performing information security and or software development related work.
- Assists with response to Information Security incidents as required.
6. Bronx Zoo - Bronx, NY
Job Title: Director of Learning and Engagement
Under the broad direction of the Director of Education and working collaboratively with the Education Leadership Team, the Director of Audience Engagement and Strategic Initiatives will oversee the Learning and Engagement Unit that includes Professional development (teachers and conservation professionals), Youth Engagement (youth development program that includes programs, volunteering, and STEM career development), and Live Interpretation (general public learning and engagement in our parks).
7.Macmillan Learning - New York, NY
Job Title: Director of Design Research
The Director of Design Research will be responsible for leading all research efforts connected to learning experience design for educational technology products. This includes the academic research base upon which a learning experience is constructed; the generative research conducted with learners; and the formative research conducted while an experience is undergoing progressive refinement. The Director of Design Research will be deeply familiar with numerous early-stage research methods, including data-driven personae development; ethnographic and user-centered design techniques, such as participatory co-design, mind-mapping and contextual inquiry; academic literature reviews and syntheses; and usability and accessibility testing. The Director of Design Research will be an innovative thinker who can conceptualize and execute technology-enabled methods that help designers evaluate design decisions rapidly and effectively. The Director will also collaborate on pilot, beta, and efficacy testing; lead a small team of 1-3 researchers; partner with leading academics; and will collaborate closely with a team of elite UX designers.
8. Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC - New York, NY
Job Title: Director of Education
The Education Initiative at Big Brothers Big Sisters provides the resources and support our mentored youth (“Littles”) need to achieve academic success. Now in its fourth year, the Initiative offers wrap-around services directly to BBBS youth and leverages the mentoring relationship to support grade-level success and college and career readiness. Our programming includes workshops, academic coaching, SAT test preparation, and college tours.
The Director of Education will plan and manage all aspects of BBBS of NYC’s Education Initiative, as well as design and implement new strategies and interventions. To accomplish this, the Director will:
- Co-design and deliver calendar of programming for youth ages 7-21 resulting in grade promotion; successful transitions to middle and high school; high school graduation; and college acceptance, enrollment and persistence.
- Develop and implement a new college persistence strategy
- Design and deliver academic resources for BBBS Mentors (“Bigs”) to support Littles’ academic success, including in-person training events and online resources.
- Develop and improve academic resources for parents to support Littles’ academic success.
- Oversee the agency’s annual academic awards and scholarship program and recognition event.
- Create curriculum for academic-focused activities for mentored pairs in both community and site-based settings.
- Manage external partnerships, both seeking new partnerships and sustaining existing partnerships with outside organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, thought leaders, and strategic partners in the mentoring, education and youth development field to stay abreast of relevant trends. Collaborate with other education related organizations to expand education resource and referral network.
- Develop and execute communication strategies to reach, attract, and engage youth.
9. New York University - New York, NY
Job Title: Media Design Instructional Technologist
The Center for Academic Excellence and Support is seeking a Media Design Instructional Technologist to serve as a support resource for SPS faculty and staff in the design and development of engaging interactive educational media assets. Design, develop and deliver workshops and training for faculty and staff on the production of virtual course content. Provide media production services for internal projects and specialized academic initiatives. Create high quality, engaging, effective online products and media assets at scale while meeting deadlines. Produce and import course content into the LMS; including writing and formatting copy, editing, proofing, and production. Provide creative, aesthetic, and operational support in the production of professional audio and video recordings; including production planning, equipment and studio set preparation and maintenance. Apply expertise in the production of graphic design elements for multimedia content for virtual delivery; including video, audio, infographics, still images, interactive PDF's, motion graphics and animations. Publish content for faculty development and related training manuals.
10. CUNY Language Immersion Program- New York, NY
Job Title: Professional Development Specialist
The CUNY Language Immersion Program (CLIP), administered by the University Office of Academic Affairs, is a non-credit remedial college transition English as a Second Language (ESL) program that serves CUNY admitted immigrant students with significant academic English language learning needs. CLIP is one of three multi-campus language and literacy programs serving immigrant pre-college students and is offered in 80 classrooms on nine college campuses serving over 4,000 students a year. CLIP Instructors conduct intensive day and evening classes 25 hours a week. A CUNY Language Immersion Program Professional Development Specialist is needed to join an experienced central team to support campus instruction of college transition ESL students, with a focus on integrating academic literacy skills in sustained, content-based ESL curricula.
Reporting to the University Director for Language and Literacy Programs, the CLIP Professional Development Specialist will assist 80 campus-based program instructors and staff members with developing new academic language curricula, lesson sets and instructional resources; managing related multi-campus administrative and instructional activities; and monitoring the successful transition of CLIP students to regular college studies. Moreover, the CLIP Professional Development Specialist will train instructors on various instructional methods via one-on-one consultations, centralized and campus-based seminars, demonstration teaching and meetings; collaborate with other University and campus-based administrators to evaluate professional development needs; create an annual training plan on relevant topics; organize conferences, seminars and peer mentoring initiatives; develop online instructional resources and maintain the program’s website
1. New York University- New York, NY
Job Title: Learning Analytics Specialist
The Learning Analytics Specialist will support the development and coordination of NYU learning analytics priorities, processes and practices. Through the design, development and implementation of an innovative and sustainable learning analytics service strategy the specialist will engage with academic staff to encourage the use of analytic design plans and tools to support teaching and learning.
2.Columbia University School of Professional Studies- New York, NY
Job Title: Director of Systems and Infrastructure
The Director of Systems and Infrastructure ("Director") has responsibility for technology systems and infrastructure at the School, including the Salesforce based CRM. The Director ensures a cohesive systems and space (real estate) strategy and approach to serve the business needs of the School with flexible and hybrid student and staff communities. The Director manages the acquisition, application and integration of information technology systems and high quality customer support and services supporting the academic and administrative strategies of the School. The Director works collaboratively with University central offices in Information Technology (CUIT) and Facilities / Real Estate. The Director develops and manages the strategic plan and operating budget for the School's information technology and infrastructure and other departmental expenses.
3. Data & Society Research Institute - New York, NY
Job Title: Research Project Lead: Media Manipulation
Data & Society Research Institute is seeking a dynamic and expert individual to manage our research and intervention efforts on a project focused on the role of technology in the manipulation of institutions and information intermediaries. This position is based out of our New York City office, and starts immediately.
4.WorkFusion- New York, NY
Job Title: Deep Learning Data Scientist
Deep learning via multilayered neural networks are pushing the state-of-the-art forward for many machine learning applications in diverse domains. We are looking for a data scientist to join our research team to help us improve our core automation capabilities with the design, implementation, and analysis of deep learning architectures.
We need a researcher on our R&D team who is ready to:
- Use Deep Learning to push forward the state-of-the-art in quality text and image processing for machine learning models
- Apply Deep Learning to detect objects in real world contexts
- Use Deep Learning to optimize large-scale machine learning algorithms with thousands of parameters
- Design algorithms that combine human & machine workers to train high quality ML models
- Use our “Virtual Data Scientist” to create automatic hypotheses from your architectures
5. Knewton- New York, NY
Job Title: Data Scientist
Knewton is on a mission to personalize learning for the world. Teachers, schools, and education companies use Knewton to power digital course materials that dynamically adapt to each student’s unique needs. Knewton provides students with tailored recommendations for exactly what to study, teachers with analytics to better support each student, and publishers with content insights to develop more effective digital products.
What we need from you:
- Passion and enthusiasm for building scalable systems that analyze huge data sets to make recommendations and actionable analytics
- Proven ability to identify relationships within large, not obviously related data sets
- Ability to work with and take appropriate action on incomplete or imperfect dataAbility to communicate about data analyses to diverse audiences and use them to inform business decisions
- Ability to build and interpret probabilistic models of complex, high-dimensional systems
- Familiarity with linear algebra and manipulating data using matrix algorithms
- Experience with quantitative analysis utilizing python
- Experience with database technologies such as SQL
- Solid programming experience utilizing Python as well as Java, C, or C++
- Experience with any of the following: Bayesian methods, collaborative filtering, decision trees (and automatic tree generation), clustering techniques (principal components analysis, k-means, etc.)