I hope your week went well!
In this week's job report, there are some great opportunities in the NYC area. Macmillan Learning is searching for a Senior Educational Researcher. While NYU is in need of an Academic Technologist for their Steinhardt Faculty Department. Riverdale County School is searching for a School Technology Integrator to join their Middle School team. Columbia University's Teacher's College is seeking a new Innovation Fellow. While the Fashion Institute of Technology is looking for someone for their Faculty of Entrepreneurship role. The local charter school Robert Lewis Stevenson School is seeking a Curriculum Coordinator to join their team. We also have a posting from the New York Public Library, They are looking to expand their Map department by hiring a Geospatial Librarian and Map Curator. Symbiosis Educational Consultants is looking for an Instructional Design Coordinator as well as the Brooklyn Laboratory Charter School. Last but not lease a local EdTech startup is seeking a Bridge to College Learning Specialist.
1. Macmillan Learning -New York, NY
Job Title:Senior Educational Researcher
The Sr. Educational Researcher will be responsible for test leading indicators of learning on educational technologies during software pilot and beta tests. This work will entail three aspects: creating, validating, implementing, and improving research-based instruments to measure learner performance relative to a set of learner outcomes; devising repeatable protocols for rapid cycle testing, reporting, and recommendations during and immediately following periods of pilot and beta testing; and devising best practices for connecting this work to earlier and later stage research methods that demonstrate impact on learning. The Sr. Educational Researcher will also collaborate on early and later stage research; build institutional and academic partnerships to execute research; present key findings and industry conferences and customer events; and build an internship program to support rapid-trial research. The Sr. Educational Researcher will be a critical contributor to an agile, entrepreneurial, dynamic, research-driven design team.
2. New York University - New York, NY
Job Title: Academic Technologist
The Academic Technologist serves as a support resource for Steinhardt faculty, staff and researchers. Responsibilities include support for teaching with technology and course design, such as relevant instructional technology techniques on how to use and apply educational technology tools to enhance student learning within traditional and online learning environments. The position will research, design, develop, and facilitate group and one-on-one professional development activities for faculty; including trainings, consultations, workshops and support documentation. Provide front line user support for education technology tools, assist faculty in integrating technology into the in-person and online classroom as well as support internal special projects. Serve as the R&D lead on educational technology trends, monitor developments in the use of current and emerging instructional technologies while promoting the appropriate use of educational technology. Collaborate with NYU IT staff, staff in the Library, and IT or instructional support staff in University
3. Riverdale Country School - New York, NY
Job Title:Middle School Technology Integrator
Riverdale Country School seeks a Middle School Technology Integrator to join our technology team. This full-time, 12-month position is located at the Middle and Upper School campus and begins July 1, 2017. The Middle School Technology Integrator reports to the Co-Directors of the Technology Department and works closely with the Director of Academic Technology, the Technology Department, and administrators, teachers, and students in the Middle School.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Promote technology use that supports excellent teaching and learning
- Inspire, encourage, and support Middle School faculty with creative and interdisciplinary technology projects
- Create, promote, and facilitate technological professional development for faculty and administration
- Train students, faculty, and administration to use hardware or software in one-on-one or group settings
- Teach up to a quarter-time in technology courses
- Lead at least one after-school technology club (Robotics or Programming)
- Participate in at least one other after-school technology club
- Conduct technology integrations in classes with other MS faculty
- Create online training and documentation
- Test, troubleshoot, and support software and hardware
4. Teacher's College Columbia University - New York, NY
Job Title: Innovation Fellow
5. Fashion Institute of Technology- New York, NY
Job Title: Faculty Entrepreneurship
The ideal candidate will be a creative and business-driven professional with primary responsibility for directing and managing the entrepreneurial studies program, teaching, research, producing innovative curriculum and building strategic alliances with industry. The candidate will be an integral part of implementing the strategic goals for the program, will participate in administrative activities as necessary, college-wide committee work, and will demonstrate mastery of direct and related concepts and their practical applications. The successful candidate will embrace academic scholarship and maintain a national and international expertise in the entrepreneurship field. He/she will be nationally and internationally accomplished in industry as well. Responsibilities will include advising and mentoring students interested in the discipline and building partnerships with industry. In addition to having unquestioned professional ability, the candidate should demonstrate an interest or experience in teaching or instruction; the ability to develop innovative curriculum; actively participate in departmental and college-wide committee work, a passion for entrepreneurship; and a desire to convey this to the student body.
6. Robert Louis Stevenson School - New York, NY
Job Title: Curriculum Coordinator
About the role:
- Design and implement curricular programs and create and maintain updated schedules
- Coach and support all faculty in curricular development, implementation, documentation, and reflection
- Maintain accurate records of student credits
- Keep abreast of and expose faculty to varied, relevant curriculum and teaching theory and draw on latest learning, development, and coaching concepts
- Review all proposed departmental changes and curricular additions, including, but not limited to, purchases of materials, course offerings, and course sequence
- Maintain regular communication with the Associate Head of School regarding successes, problems, and concerns with the academic program as they arise
- Promote and support use of digital technology to improve academic program and its online presence as appropriate
- Conduct class observations and review class and homework demands
7.New York Public Library - New York, NY
Job Title: Geospatial Librarian and Map Curator
The Library seeks a Geospatial Librarian and Map Curator to develop the New York Public Library’s cartographic and geospatial collections into an indispensable and accessible resource for researchers. The Geospatial Librarian and Map Curator is charged with building the collection and fostering and supporting its use through research assistance, exhibitions and programming, and community engagement, facilitated by collaboration with colleagues within and beyond the library. Working closely with NYPL's digital teams, the Geospatial Librarian and Map Curator will also play a leading role defining a vision of what it means to be a map library in a networked environment.
8. Symbiosis Educational Consultants - New York, NY
Job Title: Instructional Design Coordinator
Symbiosis Educational Consultants is looking for an Instructional Design Coordinator. This person should be strong in curriculum development and project management. This position works with client and internal teams that brings training solutions to fruition on time, on budget and beyond the client’s expectations. This is a W2-contract position for 6 months with a possibility of extension. Ideal candidates should be available to work on-site at our New York City Office.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, maintain and develop outstanding eLearning coursework and/or curricula to meet specific business objectives
- Effectively conceptualize, design and create engaging, as well as functional custom responsive course designs
- Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts and key stakeholders; recommend and create the best learning experience
- Experience with audio and/or video editing software a plus
9. Brooklyn Laboratory Charter School - New York, NY
Job Title: Instructional Designer/Trainer
The Cortex Instructional Designer/Trainer will develop/update the delivery of materials across multi-media platforms including classroom, lecture, webcast, video conference, web-based training and SOP. Must have strong technical writing skills, must be able to work independently, communicate effectively and be flexible and adaptable to rapid changes in scope and schedules. Training includes developing training materials and delivering user-centric training in a variety of methods. Writing and developing our SOP
Your Job Duties will include:
- Designs, develops, implements and delivers digital and classroom training.
- Identifies, plans, creates, designs, tests, implements, delivers, supports, and maintains effective and interactive digital learning opportunities and training activities involving existing and emerging digital technology applications (e.g., e-learning, web-based learning, mobile application learning, podcasting, virtual classroom, videos, tutorials, etc.).
- Applies knowledge of adult learning principles utilizing innovative solutions that meet organizational educational needs.
- Curriculum includes but not limited to job skills, technology, safety compliance, regulatory, customer service, career development and leadership programs.
- Converts instructor-led training (ILT) to e-learning based content.
10.The Door- New York, NY
Job Title: Bridge to College Learning Specialist
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop curriculum and provide one-on-one, small group intensive academic support services and classroom instruction to help students achieve the following goals:
- HSE attainment, and scoring in the top 20% on the TASC exam
- Meeting college-ready standards on the CUNY Assessment Tests
- Passing introductory college classes
- Collaborate with teachers to ensure academic supports are aligned to students needs and learning styles
- Work with the Bridge to College Coordinator to recruit and support a cohort of 45 HSE students and HSE attainers who have an interest and potential for college to participate in the EPOCH Bridge To College program.
- Conduct initial assessments and work with a caseload of young people to develop and achieve benchmarked individualized educational and career goal plans.
- Monitor and track participants’ attendance, progress and achievement of career and education goal plans from point of enrollment in EPOCH through their enrollment in a third semester of college
- Collaborate with the Bridge to College Coordinator and the College Paths team to ensure all students receive individual college advisement, assistance with college and financial aid applications, college tours, college representative visits, and freshman survival skill workshops.